It is said that makeup can turn a “Plain Jane” into a supermodel just as well as it can transform a perfectly beautiful face into a Halloween mask. This may sound like a clichéd altruism but I have seen more than enough to assure you that it is true in every sense! I have taken time and plenty of care to develop techniques and skills in applying cosmetics such as nail polishes and mascara to ensure I nail it every time. I don’t have much of a choice since, like most of my readers, I am a career woman with no time to spend applying and reapplying such products.
My passion for makeup and cosmetics, especially for when it comes to mascara and nail polish, started way back when I was a prepubescent girl in elementary school. I would sit and watch my mother apply her makeup and marvel at the magic of it all. When I was a good girl, she would let me try out some of her products and I was hooked for life. By and by, I developed my mother’s taste and methods which I have since honed and perfected. I hope to share some of the tips I have learnt along the way throughout this blog.
Today I will share with you how I have turned application of mascara and nail polish into an art and a passion.
If there is a makeup concept you are most likely to err on, it has to be application of mascara. No single mascara product works equally well for all women across the board. There are some brands which work well for women with long eye lashes and others which are fantastic for those with short ones. Moreover, if one mascara product works well on thick eyelashes, it will be a poor choice for someone whose eyelashes are just visible.
My Best Mascara Brands
It has taken me years of trying different brands before I identified my best mascara products. I like these three for the reasons I will enumerate shortly.
1. M.A.C Haute & Naughty Mascara: This M.A.C mascara wins the pride of place at the top of my recommended products due to its versatility. It two in one formulation allows you to just tweak your eyebrows to a subtle natural look or go full out for the full-out dramatic look to make you stand out from the crowd.
2. CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion: If you are looking for a mascara product that is easy to apply, then you will scarcely get a better choice than to beat this offering from CoverGirl. Formulated with waterproof ingredients, you can rest assured the mascara will not smudge, clump or flake no matter how long you wear it.
3. Maybelline Mascara: Maybelline has a comprehensive range of mascaras to suit every taste and predilection. Whether your fancy is volumizing, lengthening or curling your eyelashes, you can count on Maybelline to provide a brand just suited to your exact needs.
Neatly applied nail polish is guaranteed to give you a confidence boost not to mention the character it adds to your hands. The best nail polishes come in brilliant colors, do not flake off easily and are easy to apply. The following brands come highly recommended by yours truly.
1. China Glaze Nail Polish: For well over a decade today, China Glaze has established itself as a leading brand in nail care. I love their nail polishes as they are available in every color and shade to complement my outfits and accessories whatever the occasion.
2. Bourjois Nail Polishes: Bourjois is a very complete cosmetics line but I am especially drawn to their nail polishes. Made for the discerning and elegant woman, they are a perfect fit for any special occasion.
Mascara and nail polishes may appear as trivial components of a makeup regimen but they are more important than many people realize. To be honest, there is more to say about these products than what I can fit in a single blog post. Be on the lookout for more detailed video tutorials covering these products and more later in this blog.